Chitwan Jungle Safari - 2 Nights / 3 Days trip
- Quick Itinerary
- Trip Info
Chitwan National Park is situated in south-central Nepal, covering an area of 932 sq.km in the subtropical lowland of the inner Terai – it has long been one of the country’s treasures – a fabulous wildlife sanctuary. The name ‘Chitwan” means ‘ Heart of the Jungle’ and is the home of the endangered Royal Bengal tiger, the Indian one-horn rhino, sloth bear, langur monkeys, wild boar, leopards, jungle cats, various types of deer and over 400 species of colorful birds. Chitwan Jungle Safari - 2 Nights / 3 Days trip In Our Chitwan jungle Safari trip, we take a ride on the back of an elephant which is an exciting way to explore the jungle’s wildlife from a safe, elevated position. It also offers the close-up sight of the one-horn rhino in its natural habitat, wild boar, numerous species of deer, langur monkeys etc. Over 400 bird species, either as permanent residents or migratory visitors, can be viewed on foot in the jungle and open grassland while on bird watching and walking tours there as a part of Chitwan adventure trip. Canoe rides along Rapti River on the western side of the Chitwan National park offer the fantastic experience of viewing a quarter of the world’s remaining Gharial population which shelter under its banks. This fish eating crocodile has long been hunted for the supposed aphrodisiac qualities of its snout. UNESCO designated Chitwan National Park as a Natural World Heritage Site in 1984. We begin our Chitwan Jungle Safari either taking a car or bus drive from Kathmandu or Pokhara. There is also a regular flight connecting Chitwan with Kathmandu. Therefore this is a wonderful opportunity to take a relaxing Chitwan wildlife safari trip after any of our trekking and peak climbing trips in the Himalayas. No doubt the Chitwan Jungle safari is one of popular wildlife adventure trip available in Nepal.
- Day 01.Arrival at Lodge and welcome briefing
- Day 02.Elephant safari and Jungle walk
- Day 03.Bird watching and trip ends after the breakfast
- Transport (from Kathmandu or Pokhara)
- Elephant back safaris
- Nature walks
- Village tours
- Bird-watching excursions
- All meals
- Other activities (cultural dance display, canoe ride, etc)
- National Park entry fees
- Bring insect repellant, sunscreen and your swimming costume. A pair of binoculars is also a good idea.
- Nepal entry visa cost
- Travel insurance
- Personal expenses like drinks, laundry, Tips etc
Tipping is expected but it is not mandatory.
N.B: The package can be redesigned or redeveloped as per your taste.
NOTE: In case of emergency during the trip, Helicopter will be arranged by Mugum Travels & expeditions Pvt.Ltd. and charge whould be paid by the client themselves.
- There will be a cancellation fee of 25% for any cancellation Three weeks before the tour departure date.
- 50% two weeks prior to tour departure date and no refund there after no fefund no delay arrivals for what ever reason.