Kailash Manasarovar Yatra Ex-Kathmandu - 10 Days
- Quick Itinerary
- Detail Itinerary
- Trip Info
- Day 01.Arrival in Kathmandu, meet by our representative and transfer to hotel. Hotel Shangrila or Similar hotels
- Day 02.At Morning, After breakfast, Kathmandu sightseeing tour then fly to Nepalgunj (flt duration:1 hr) in the afternoon and take rest. Short briefing by our tour manager in the evening in Hotel Siddhartha Cottage or hotel kitchen hut.
- Day 03.Early morning, fly to Simikot (1 hr by aircraft) and then fly to Hilsa (15 min by helicopter) then after short walk to cross border (10 min) then drive to Taklakot (1 hr by tourist bus) completing immigration formalities in China side. Hotel Himalaya or Hotel Purang.
- Day 04.Rest at Purang for acclimatization. Yatri's can hangout historical purang city. you can visit the indian and the nepali market as well. – Hotel Himalaya or Hotel Purang.
- Day 05.Drive to Lake Manasarovar (Chiu Gompa) – 4560 m / 2 hrs Rest @ Guesthouse
- Day 06.Drive upto Yama Dwara (45 min) then our trek begins to Diraphuk (4920 m) - 5 hrs. Rest Guesthouse.
- Day 07.Trek to Zuthulphuk (4780 m) via Dolma La Pass (5600 m) – 9 hrs. Guesthouse.
- Day 08.Finishing Trek near Darchen (1.5 hrs) & drive to Taklakot, complete immigration in Taklakot, then on the way to boarder you have a visit to the historical RAM, SITA, LAXMAN temple known as khojyarnath(25 min) .exit to Hilsa boarder (1 hr). after short walk cross barder hilsa local guest house.
- Day 09.Early morning, you will be flying to simkot(5min) then picked by flight to Nepalgunj(1 hr.)and then will fly to Kathmandu.
- Day 10.Departure from Kathmandu.
Day 01: Arrival of Kathmandu
Arrival in Kathmandu Nepal, at Tribhuvan International Airport, warm welcome by our representative then transferred to Hotel. At evening, short briefing ptrogram on yatra by our tour manager and dinner. Overnight Hotel Shangrila or Similar (twin or triple sharing room with attached bathroom)
Day 02: Kathmandu city site seeing & Fly to Nepalgunj
Morning:After Breakfast in the hotel, we will go for sightseeing places such as Pashupatinath temple & Budhanilkantha (Narayan sthaan)Vishnu temple (sleeping Vishnu). Afternoon: After lunch, transfer to domestic airport for your flight to Nepalgunj. Our representative will receive you at the airport and transfer to Hotel. You can rest and get relaxed in the hotel. In the evening, short briefing program about the holy yatra by our tour manager then have dinner. Afterwards to your hotel rooms. Overnight Hotel kitchen hut or Hotel Siddhartha Cottage (twin / triple room with attached bathroom)
Day 03: Fly to Simikot (1 hr. by plane) & to Hilsa (by helicopter) then drive to Taklakot
Flight to simikot humla are scheduled so early about 6.00 am. so our tour manager will wake you up very early. The flight depends upon the wether both Nepalgunj and Simkot respectedly and the flight will delay for few minutes to few hour or for a day according to the weather condition. In such conditions you suggest our yatri's to be calm and co-operate to our team for a smooth management. if the flight get cancelled we will stay at Nepalgunj and the nexday goes as mentioned. After landing simikot our tour manager will asisit you for the immigration formalities and then help you fly to hilsa by helicopter probably takes 15min. Hilsa is located at Nepal-china boarder. At hilsa, our local representive will receive you and lead to guesthouse or teashop. Here, you have to wait until all group members arrive. Yatri's are requested to have patient and let us arrange everything smoothly because we have to wait our Tibetan guide to come border to receive us along with all permit and military formalities which may take some time. Then after we cross border to Tibet and it takes about an hour to reach Taklakot (Purang - 3700 m.) by drive. At taklakot we check in hotel pulan.Notes
Overnight Hotel Himalaya or Hotel Purang (triple sharing room with attached bathroom)
- Nepalgunj to Simikot: 1 hour (by Twin otter aircraft OR Dornier aircraft with 18 seats)
- If the weather is not good in Simikot OR en route to Simikot, the flight will be canceled and need to stay back in Nepalgunj for next day retry.
- Simikot to Hilsa: 15 minutes by B2 (Euro copter) Helicopter with 5 - 6 seats
- Hilsa to Sher trek: 10 minutes
- Sher to Taklakot drive: 1 hour by bus
Day 04: Climatization Day
The day when you take good rest in Taklakot (Purang) for acclimatization with light walking around Taklakot town to adjust your body with Tibet climate. If you have anything remain to purchase for Kailash trekking then you can check those list and buy here from local shop or you will visit the traditional Nepali and indian boarder market. Meals will serve as per time table given by our leader. Overnight Hotel Himalaya or Hotel Purang (triple sharing room with attached bathroom)
Day 05: Drive to Lake Manasarovar (Chiu Gompa) – 4560 m.
Early morning, you will have breakfast and our support team will pack up all kitchen and food equipments to head our next camp. Our Tibetan guide will finish immigration procedure and manage security personnel at soon as possiblee in the morning then proceed to our most perpetual destination - Lake Manasarovar (4560 m- Chui Gompa). Before reaching manasarovar , we will take a short break in Rakshas Taal (Lake Ravana) on the way to see the breathtaking views of Rakshas Taal with back ground view of holy mount Kailash. Today you will go for complete parikrama of Lake Manasarovar by drive. While driving around Lake, Yatri's will take short rest at lake-shore where you will take holy bath and perform sacred puja/homage to Mt. Kailash & Manasarovar.
Overnight Guesthouse OR Similar (all dormitory room)–Dharamsala type with Tibetan style toilet
- Taklakot to Lake Manasarovar drive: 2 hours
- The distance of Manasarovar parikarma circumference : 72 km / 3 hrs
Day 06: Yama Dwar Darshan then start trek to Diraphuk (4920 m)
Today Early in the morning drive to darchen because we are heading for the parikarma i:e the kora of holy mt.kailsah. after darchen we will reach to Yama dwar(shershong dharpochey/4750m). it is also known as the gate way to the holy parikarma of mont klailash. From this point yatri will have breath taking view of Bholenath and have great darshan.The group will now split into two parts:
- Offering parikarma on foot. or Offering Parikarma on horse back will continue their trek.
- those who are not going for parikarma well return back to Purang after Mt. Kailash and Yama dwar darshan. Our guide will help to manage transportation to hotel purang and they have to wait for two days in purang until their group return.
The parikarma group will head towards Dhiraphuk. today you will have very easy trekking with small and low climbs. The trek will last 4 to 5 hours and covers about 15Kms distance. Here aour guide will assist you with accommodation in the guest house and serve hot drinks in rooms. from here you will have the closest view of north face of mount kailash. The one who reach early and healthy can go for Charan Sparsh. The devotees have belief that Charan Sparsh is likely as touching the feets of lord shiva and it will take you hike of 2 hrs up and down.
For Trekkers going Kora will begin after Yamadwar & Kailash darshan by walk or riding horse. Horse will be available on pre-booking and horse riders will choose their horse & horseman by picking up coupon name which should not be lost until the service end.
Overnight Guesthouse (very basic accommodation with dormitory bedroom)
- Lake Manasarovar to Darchen – 45 minutes drive
- Darchen to Yama Dwar: 30 minutes drive
- Yama Dwar to Diraphuk trek: 5 hrs (approximately 14-15 km)
Day 07: Trek to Zuthulphuk (4780 m) via Dolma La Pass (5600 m)
This is the toughest day of parikrama. You have to wake up 4 am early in the morning and start trek by 5 am without forgetting to carry lunch pack The journey right from the beginning starts going uphill till to Dolma-La (5600 m) about 4-5 hours then continue descending to the flat valley region, the other side of Dolma-la pass. You will find Shivasthal at Dolma la covered by prayer flags and different offers by prayers like clothings & ornaments.
Descending steep down from high pass, you will be lucky to sight beautiful holy lake – Gauri Kunda at the right side underneath of hill. This is the lake, people believe, where Parvati, the consort of Lord Shiva takes bath. After continue sloping down, you will cross short glacier path and then will find tea shop for lunch break at plain valley. Then after continue easy walk on flat trail but tedious with feel of similar landscape around and never ending. The last leg of the journey is along with the River Bank, up to Zuthulphuk. The high light of the day are Shivasthal, Dolma-La and Gauri Kunda which are on the way.
Overnight Local Guesthouse (very basic accommodation with dormitory bed room)
- Diraphuk to Zuthulphuk Gomba: 22km / 8 to 9 hours trek (approximately)
Day 08: Finish Trek near Darchen, drive back to Purang short darshan to khojyarnath & Exit Hilsa
Today, the trail is easy & flat, so you will complete the journey within 1.5 hours. We will be picked up at the ending point near Darchen by our vehicle, then transferred to hotel at Darchen (15 min drive). Here we will meet with all rest group members then drive your return journey towards Purang / Taklakot.
You will be given pack lunch then go for immigration in Taklakot. Along the way to Hilsa boarder, within the distance of 10 to 15 kms Situated a historical Gompa called KHOJYARNATH, in there we can have Darshan of Lord Ram, Sita & Laxman. It is believed to be self emerged statue. And after the darshan Guide will assist us to drive down to Sher border accompany by Military officer and see off us all to exit Hilsa. After customs formalities, you will move down to Hilsa (Nepal Border) by crossing Suspension bridge or concrete bridge of Karnali River. Our representative will assist you to cross boarder with porters to help you eith your luggages. The accommodation will be of local lodge with simle normal meals. However, if the situation is beyond our control due to weather conditions and rush of tourists then we may also stay halt in Hilsa guesthouse and next day we will continue our flight to Simikot & Nepalgunj continuously. Also, if the weather conditions and flight schedule favor us and reached Simikot in time and again possible to fly from Simikot to Nepalgunj, then we will continue our flight further to Nepalgunj as well. If there is still any passengers remain in Simikot, we will request to keep patience for all rest members as we will continue our flight on next day from early morning to keep our program as per schedule.
Overnight Simikot Resort (dormitory room with common toilet)
- Zuthulphuk to trek ending point: 1.5 hours walk - 08 km (approx.)
- Trek ending point to Taklakot: 2 hours drive by Bus
- Taklakot to Sher drive: 1 hr
- Sher to Hilsa trek: 10 min
- Hilsa to Simikot: 15 minutes flight by Helicopter
Day 09: Fly, Simikot – Nepalgunj (fixed wing aircraft) OR to Kathmandu
After having breakfast early morning, and be ready for helicopter flight to Simikot. At the arrival to Simikot you will get assistance by our tour leader to flight to Nepalgunj continuously. Similarly, you will receive by our Nepalgunj representative and will assist you with a flight ticket connecting to Kathmandu. We would like to attach short notice that some times yatri's may face waiting till late evening or next day morning for their way back to Kathmandu because sometimes the flight seats are unavailable in same day for all group member at a time at this end our manager will arrage you hotel accommodation in Nepalgunj and help you catch the first morning flight to Kathmandu.
Overnight Hotel Shangrila or Similar (twin or triple sharing room with attached bathroom)
- Hilsa to simikot 15min: by helicopter
- Simikot to Nepalgunj: 1 hour flight by aircraft
- Nepalgunj to Kathmandu: 1 hr.
Cost & Fixed Departure
NETT PAYABLE GROUP JOINING PRICE (EX-KATHMANDU):
|Tour Type||Price Offer||Min. Group Size||Indian Nationals|
|EX. Kathmandu: 10 days||Discount Offer||Group Joining / 25 pax min.||INR 170,000/- Per Person|
|Supplement for NRI or Foreign Nationals||USD 100/- Per Person|
|Supplement for USA or Canadian Nationals||USD 100/- Per Person|
|Supplement cosy for single room in Kathmandu||INR 6,000/- or USD 150/- PP|
|Supplement cosy for Upgrade into Super Deluxe Hotel||INR 5,000/- or USD 120/- PP|
- * The above package offer is valid for 2017
- * We offer Inr 6000/USD 125 DISCOUNT if you are booking with more than 20 yatris at time.
|Months||Normal Dates||Full Moon Dates||Remarks|
|May||09th, 12th, 15th, 21st, 27th||03rd, 06th||Arrival Kathmandu|
|June||08th, 11th, 14th, 20th, 26th||02nd, 05th||Arrival Kathmandu|
|July||15th, 21st||02nd, 05th||Arrival Kathmandu|
|August||09th, 21st, 27th||03rd||Arrival Kathmandu|
|September||08th, 14th||02nd||Arrival Kathmandu|
- All above departure dates mentioned are arrival in Kathmandu
- The full moon days are on 11th April, 10th May, 09th June, 09th July, 07th Aug & 06th Sept; you will be in Manasarovar on these days joining above full moon dates.
Hotels & Guesthouses In Above Package
- Kathmandu - Hotel Shangri-La or Similar (twin / triple sharing with attached bathroom)
- Nepalgunj - Hotel Siddhartha Cottage or Hotel Kalpataru (twin / triple with attached bathroom)
- Taklakot - Hotel Himalaya or Hotel Purang (triple with attached bathroom)
- Chiugompa - Paramartha Guesthouse or similar (basic dormitory)
- Diraphuk - Shishapangma or Wongda Guesthouse (basic dormitory)
- Zuthulphuk - Norpel or similar guesthouse (basic dormitory)
- Simikot - Simikot Resort or Similar (quadruple/dormitory with common bathroom)
- Hilsa - Local Lodge (very basic dormitory with common toilet)
- Two nights hotel in Kathmandu with all vegetarian meals (twin / triple room with attached bathroom)
- Two nights hotel in Nepalgunj with all vegetarian meals (twin / triple room with attached bathroom)
- One night accommodation in Simikot or Hilsa (dormitory room) with all meals
- One night accommodation in Simikot or Hilsa (dormitory room) with all meals
- Necessary airport transfers in Nepalgunj (normal non a/c vehicle)
- Nepalgunj - Simikot – Nepalgunj flight ticket (fixed wing – Twin otter aircraft OR Dornier)
- Simikot - Hilsa – Simikot by Helicopter (only 5 to 6 persons can be carried at a time)
- Domestic airport taxes (all sectors)
- Tibet group visa and travel/trekking permits
- Standard hotel (triple room) in Taklakot & Darchen with attached bathroom
- Guesthouse (dormitory room) in Chiugompa & in trekking region
- All Indian vegetarian meals in Tibet (breakfast, lunch & dinner)
- Transportation in Tibet by Luxury Bus
- Tour around Lake Manasarovar on vehicle
- English speaking Tibetan guide & Nepali tour manager
- Necessary supporting crew (Cook, Sherpas from Nepal)
- All necessary Kitchen & camping equipments
- Yaks & Yak men during the Parikrama to carry foods and kitchen equipments
- Oxygen & Medical First Aid Kit for emergency use
- Humla region restricted area permit & royalties
- Porter cost in Hilsa (while going and coming back)
- All applicable taxes & service charges
- International air ticket to Kathmandu & return
- Nepal entry visa fee for NRIs
- Riding Horse during the Parikrama
- Your travel insurance
- Insurance for emergency rescue & evacuation service
- Personal expenses
- Bottled drinks (juice, alcoholic drinks, beverages, etc)
- Asthapad Darshan (Govt. prohibited this trip by drive, if permitted can arrange by walk)
- Tips for tour leader, Tibetan guide, sherpa staff & driver
- Extra night accommodation & meal cost in any place in case of early arrival from Kailash
- Extra night accommodation & meal cost in Nepalgunj, Simikot and Hilsa due to flight cancellation
- Any additional cost due to natural calamity and unforeseen circumstances
Tipping is expected but it is not mandatory.
N.B: The package can be redesigned or redeveloped as per your taste.
NOTE: In case of emergency during the trip, Helicopter will be arranged by Mugum Travels & expeditions Pvt.Ltd. and charge whould be paid by the client themselves.
- There will be a cancellation fee of 25% for any cancellation Three weeks before the tour departure date.
- 50% two weeks prior to tour departure date and no refund there after no fefund no delay arrivals for what ever reason.